Friday, July 17, 2009

Waiting...

I have spent the last four hours waiting for our refrigerator to be delivered. I swear, this is akin to waiting for the Comcast guy. Only I can survive without cable (well...sort of...) We are living out of coolers in our kitchen and all of my frozen goods are habituating in my in-laws' freezer right now. Therefore if I need to thaw out some chicken for dinner I have to drive to the next city to get it. Delivery man, where are you?

As I mentioned in my two previous posts I am making Luke's baby food. It is easier than I thought it would be. Not quite sure what motivated me to make this choice other than I just wanted to give him some organic homemade goodness for his ever-expanding belly. Thus far we have tried oatmeal and rice cereal (those I bought), peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and beans. I forgot how entertaining solids can be. The look on his face when he tries a new food for the first time. The way his whole face kinda scrunches up and his lips pucker out as if to say, " Holy crap Mom, what is this explosion of flavor you have put in my mouth?!?" Most foods have been a success, with the exception of that too ripe banana that never made it past the second bite. And peas are only tolerated when paired with carrots. Carrots have been his biggest fave by far.
I have been working on some skirts for this summer. I can't wait to post some pix for you. I found a great tutorial on one of my favorite blogs, Grosgrain. Check it out. So easy and cheap. I got a couple bargain yards ($5!) at one of my favorite quilt shops, Quilter's Inn. Ooooh, I feel like a Mastercard commercial.
Fabric: $5
Elastic: $.25
Thread: $2
Feeling sassy in your new summer skirt, PRICELESS!

It appears my blogging time is up, I have a bored six year old who wants to play.

No comments: