Saturday, July 17, 2010

Yummy Potato Salad


I got this recipe from our local newspaper. It puts a different spin on the generic ol' potato salad. Seems like a Greek version to me. Tasty and light!


Potato Salad with Feta Cheese and Olives
2lbs. red potatoes
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup imported black olives (I used regular black olives from a can)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbs. white wine vinegar
2 tbs. fresh dill (I used 1tsp. dried)
2 tbs. chopped fresh mint
fresh ground pepper for taste (I used white pepper for a milder taste)
1.) Cook potatoes until tender (about 15-20 minutes), drain. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Place in bowl.
2.) Add onion, feta, and olives. Toss.
3.) Pour in olive oil and vinegar. Add dill and mint. Toss. Season with pepper. Let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 6

Hubby liked it so much he took it to work the next day!

No comments: