Monday, April 12, 2010

The Difference Between Men & Women

As we all know, men and women are different in a variety of ways. We communicate differently, we prioritize differently, and as witnessed at our dinner table Easter Sunday, we value table linens differently. That last part comes as no big shock to any wife. But my husband's blatant disregard for linens left me momentarliy speechless at our Easter feast.
After serving all of our guests their dinner entrees I sat down just as Todd finished pouring the last glass of wine (red wine). And then, without a second thought, my darling husband took his white Williams Sonoma napkin and proceeded to wipe the dripping egde of the wine bottle. My mouth dropped open as I gasped loud enough to send the windows rattling. Our friend Darin, seated across from me, burst into laughter as everyone else whipped their heads around to get a glimpse of all the commotion. According to Darin the look on my face was "priceless".
At this point Todd turns to look at me and blandly states, "What?" He has no clue why I could possibly be disturbed by this."You. Wiped. Off. The. Red. Wine. With. My. White. Williams. Sonoma. Napkin."
Still no clue...

"Uhh... Todd, red wine stains. And that is a white napkin. A white Williams Sonoma napkin. Not a $1.99 napkin from Target."
Still didn't get it.

There is quite a streak of irony in this tale. Three hours earlier as I gleefully set the table Todd questioned my use of white napkins because "well, they're white. White stains."

How soon they forget....

No comments: