Friday, July 18, 2008

It's been forever and a day....

....since I last posted! Life has been interesting to say the least! I have finally hit my 12th week of pregnancy. Most of the past twelve weeks were spent feeling like hell. Nausea that was rather debilitating. The first three weeks of summer vacation were spent lying on the couch in misery. Then Dr. B prescribed what has been called a "miracle drug", Zofran. It is used for nauseated patients receiving chemo. But it works like magic when you are pregnant. And all I have to say is thank goodness for excellent medical insurance! Miracle drugs are nothing short of cheap either.
No sooner did I feel well and Maddie fell ill with sinus, ear, and eye infections. The poor kid was literally a train wreck! First ear infection ever. She never even complained about it. We did not know until the Dr. found it. What a trooper! I would have been whining about it until the sun went down. She is finally on the mend, but is now on another round of antibiotic since the first did not get rid of the ear infection.
Amidst all of this I have been able to get a few things accomplished. I finally finished the curtains in the living room. Todd was so relieved. Although we both detested the vertical blinds, I think he was counting the days until they made it into the trash can. Here they finally are:




I also planted some new flowers in the atrium. Dahlias and lobelia. I just adore dahlias. It is like a ray of sunshine in each flower bud. Here is the final product.

Now that we are all healthy (or almost healthy) I can't wait to have a fun-filled summer. We will be kicking it off with next week's camping trip. But I promise to post before then. I have some great ultrasound photos to post!

No comments: